Child Welfare Home (CWH) Khandbari is an orphanage established in Khandbari of eastern Nepal by a Children's Club entitled MATS Nepal in 2005. The organization has been established to provide local orphans with safe shelter, educational opportunities, medical care, and perhaps most importantly, love and support.
There are currently 12 kids (seven boys and five girls) living in CWH. The children range from ages 5 to 15. The orphans are cared for by Mrs. Dhana Maya Nepal, a 41-year old care taker mother. Mrs. Nepal and her daughter are homeless and landless, after the death of her husband.
Mrs. Nepal spends nearly every moment of her day caring for the children of CWH. She provides the kids with warmth, love and support.
CWH currently lacks financial resources to continue to provide adequate care and support for its 12 children on a daily basis.
Sankhuwasabha Education Scholarship Foundation (SESF)
SESF is a registered nonprofit social organization established in Khandbai in 2011 dedicated to bring a change in the lives of orphaned and helpless, poorest Nepalese children. SESF has established Makalu Arun Social Trek (MAST), a government licensed, non-profit social trekking company in Khandbari. MAST organizes, coordinates, and facilitates community friendly social trekking around eastern Nepal.
How to get involve?As detailed above, there are a number of ways in which you can help CWH:
- Help spread the word regarding CWH, SESF and MAST! We’re always happy to speak with anyone who may be interested in our programs.
- Donate or assist our fundraising project via Global giving organization
- We will provide photos and updates of the all the CWH children throughout your donation time!
- Enjoy social trekking with MAST! Enjoy the beautiful Makalu and Arun Valley Region of Eastern Nepal.
- Sponsor an orphan for $25.00 USD per month. This money will be used to pay for the child's monthly school fees, school uniform, books, stationery jumper and and othrer necessary materials.
|SN||Name of the child||Date of Birth||School||Years at the orphanage||
|1||Mr.Rabin Khanal||July 23,2000||HMV. Khandbari||6.years||Chewa|
|2||Mr.Sammar Rai||------||Mother Land Boarding||4 years||Yaphu|
|3||Mr. Santosh Dharji||Dec.10,2000||Barun Boarding||7 years||Manga than|
|4||Mr.Nabin Magar||----------||Makalu Boarding||6 years||Solakhani|
|5||Mr.Pujan Khandka||Jan. 20,2008||Makalu Boarding School||2 years||Madi|
|6||Ms. Raj Kumar Pariyar||Aug. 13,2008||Makau Boarding School||2 years||Mamling|
|7||Mr.Sundar Rai||Sept.5,2002||Surya Boarding||6 years.||Bala|
|8||Ms.Kopila Limbu||July 4,1998||HMV Khandbari||7 years||Barabise|
|9||Ms.Sandhya Sherpa||Feb.9,2001||Barun Boarding||7 years||Matsya pokhari|
|10||Ms.Shova Nepal||Feb.22,2003||HMV Khadbari||7 years||No|
|11||Ms.Kinari Sharma||--------||Surya Boarding||7 years||Khadbari|
|12||Ms. Sangita B. K.||June 3,2003||Brun Boarding||7 years||Chewabesi|